Friday

When we are stricken


When we are stricken and cannot bear our lives any longer, then a tree has something to say to us:
Be still! Be still! Look at me! Life is not easy, life is not difficult. Those are childish thoughts. Let God speak within you, and your thoughts will grow silent. You are anxious because your path leads away from mother and home. But every step and every day lead you back again to the mother. Home is neither here nor there. Home is within you, or home is nowhere at all.
Hermann Hesse, in his book 'Bäume. Betrachtungen und Gedichte'

PHOTO: This photo presents a unique perspective, looking up one of the magnificent, ancient trees in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. Photo by Bill Lea, courtesy of National Scenic Byways Online (www.byways.org)

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree! Trees are a symbol of survival. Trees endure so much in their lives and they provide homes and food for the living things around them. They just stand quietly like sentries in the forest and certainly are an inspiration. Thanks so much for this interesting blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's now the new year and I'm thinking of you. I haven't heard anything from you for awhile and I'm concerned. How are you doing?? I love this tree and the perspective; I would like to see it some day. Please let me know how you are doing. You can connect with me on my personal e-mail at valdagarner@roadrunner.com My e-mail will be transitioning soon since I am moving the first part of February. I hope you are well! Warmly, Valda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valda, thanks so much for your concern and kindness, sorry re late response. I am better now. Hope your move went well and you are settled in. I'll catch up with your story at your fab blog.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Hi there! This is Jennifer Corter, founder of FibroFighterz and the editor-in-chief of the newest Fibromyalgia E-Zine "FighterZine". We love your blog, and we have added a link to it on our "Blogs We Love" page! You can find our blog at

    fighterzblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input