Monday

Learning Curve with Fibromyalgia

Learning about Fibromyalgia
I am always learning a lot about Fibromyalgia even though I thought I knew a lot about it.

I was diagnosed with Fibro a long time ago. When I was first diagnosed I was under the misunderstanding that Fibro or FMS was the same as CFS - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I learnt very early on that it wasn't true.

I was also one of those people who judged people with Fibromyalgia. This judgement came from lack of understanding about the condition. So now I have been on both sides of the coin - both the judger and the judged.

I also believed that Fibromyalgia had a stigma about it and that it was a diagnosis given when doctors could not find anything else wrong. I now know that it is a true condition.

Learning Curve with Fibromyalgia
I believe that it is difficult to educate the general population about Fibromyalgia. People just don't really want to know and they are overwhelmed with so much information.

I believe that understanding is rare but Fibromyalgia is not.
 "Fibromyalgia is one of the most common types of chronic pain disorders. It is estimated that more than 5 million people in the United States have fibromyalgia." FIBROCENTER 

I believe that with any chronic condition you have to constantly educate yourself about your disease.

This year I have learnt new things about Fibromyalgia including - Fibromyalgia Patients Have Decreased Brain Connectivity in Some Regions, that CBD oil and low dose naltrexone (LDN) is being used in treating Fibromyalgia. 

If you are new to Fibromyalgia you may be interested in the following information so you can start your learning curve:

NEW BELIEF: No 1. You can teach an old dog new tricks if they are willing to learn.

4 comments:

  1. i am also looking forward to any answers to this puzzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Georgia, I too believe that fibromyalgia is like a puzzle and we haven't yet found all the pieces. Hopefully with continued research this will happen.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking my portfolio blog to your 'All Things Good' blog. My daughter has been suffering from a bad case of Fibromyalgia for the last 10 years as well and I understand what you are going through. Wish there was an answer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ona and sorry to hear about your daughter. I would not wish this disease on anyone and it is hard to see our children in pain.

      Delete

Thanks for your input