Sunday

I'm Taking Back The Power from Chronic Pain.

Taking Back The Power from Chronic Pain.
The chronic pain has taken all my spoons... every single spoon.

It is exhausting, and it can be isolating.

Sometimes I feel like pain takes all my energy, and all my hopes and all my motivation to do anything at all.

It is hard to gather the strength to get up off the lounge let alone make the changes, that need to happen, to help myself feel better.

Taking Back The Power from Chronic Pain.

When every day is the same it is not good. Nothing new, everything the same... less to enjoy about life.

I start to focus on the pain, what else do I have, it is my constant companion.

Having something to look forward to and enjoy gives me a positive focus. Having a goal gives me something to aim for, to work towards.

No matter how small, I need to have a goal, even on a daily basis. This gives me a different kind of focus; one that is helpful on many levels, and one that can be empowering.

Having a goal

Can you relate to my sad little story about living the chronic life?

Do you see the tipping point in yourself where you decide to make a change towards getting back your power?

Do you feel like me that it is a bit like a see-saw, this ride with constant pain?

I am learning that goals need to be smart. SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. 

So a SMART goal incorporates all of these to help keep me focused on the goal. Having cognitive issues, caused by chronic illness, means that I can use all the help I can get. 

I've discovered a helpful site called GoalsOnTrack which has a free newsletter, if you scroll to the bottom of their page. If you sign up for the newsletter you receive access to 4 free ebooks, about goal setting, and other resources. Just click the blue image below to find out more. 


chronic illness and goals


2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting
    Smile
    I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wilson! kind of you to take the time and let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input