Friday

Fibromyalgia News

Fibromyalgia News
Here you will find the latest Fibromyalgia news:
information about Fibromyalgia including
Fibromyalgia research,
Fibromyalgia medical findings
Fibromyalgia Newspaper coverage and
discussions on Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition of pain, fatigue and mental fog.

Neurobiological similarities between RA and fibromyalgia

Date: 9 June, 2018
Source: Nature Reviews Rheumatology
Summary: Pain management can be a difficult problem for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), some of whom can experience pain similar to that reported by patients with fibromyalgia. Now, advanced imaging techniques are revealing neurobiological alterations in patients with RA that mirror those seen in fibromyalgia, hinting at new treatment possibilities.

Customized resistance exercise a factor for success with fibromyalgia

Date:         June 7, 2018

Source:      University of Gothenburg

Summary: Fibromyalgia and resistance exercise have often been considered an impossible combination. But with proper support and individually adjusted exercises, female patients achieved considerable health improvements, according to new research.


The role of mirtazapine in patients with fibromyalgia: a systematic review

Date:          June, 2, 2018
Source:      SpringerLink
Summary:  Mirtazapine is commonly used to treat major depressive disorder. Due to its effects on multiple neurotransmitters, it has been investigated for possible benefits in patients with fibromyalgia. The objective of this systematic review is to assess the efficacy and safety of mirtazapine in the treatment of patients with fibromyalgia.

Mirtazapine for Fibromyalgia: An Effective Treatment Option? An Article explaining above review.Date: June 5, 2018
Source: MPR
Summary: The antidepressant mirtazapine appears to be a safe and effective treatment option for patients with fibromyalgia, according to a systematic review published in Rheumatology International.

Fibromyalgia: Symptoms of painful condition revealed - are you at risk?

Date:         May 29, 2018

Source:      Express Newspapers UK

Summary: FIBROMYALGIA symptoms include pain, headaches, muscle stiffness and an extreme sensitivity to the touch. How many people have fibromyalgia in the UK, and are you at risk? Treatment options and risk factors revealed and a video.


FCI: Advocating For A World Without Fibromyalgia

Date:           May 29, 2018
Source:       ProHealth
Summary:  Yvonne Keeny is founder and executive director of the Fibromyalgia Coalition International, a nonprofit organization speaks aout about advocacy. 


VIDEO: RNA blood test may aid in reducing diagnostic error for fibromyalgia

6 comments:

  1. Caroline1:59 AM

    Hi from Montana! This is very helpful and I just wanted to say thank you. My daughter has Fibromyalgia and I was struggling to find medical updates on the topic. I'd like to keep up with what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi from Sydney, Australia! Glad you found it helpful Caroline but sorry to hear your daughter has Fibromyalgia.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these Lee. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, thanks for letting me know

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the info,I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for 12 years and I can honestly say I'm at the end of the rope right now no treatment seems to work and I'm done trying new meds as I have already tried so many and have been so desapointed with the results
    My life has no quality or joy anymore and it's a very lonely place,I'm running out of hope that one day I will be better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand your feelings. I have felt like this myself. No medications have helped me very much or for long term without strong side effects. All the improvements I have seen have come from alternate therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy and myofscial massage. I have written about my experiences with them on my blog. While these natural treatments do not get rid of all the symptoms of Fibromyalgia they do help me very much. I hope you have had a chance to talk to someone about your feelings. Also we have a private facebook group where I can talk to you called FIBRO CONNECT. I and others are all happy to help more there. The link where you can join is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1953366574685173

      Delete

Thanks for your input