Wednesday

Magnesium Deficiency and Fibro

Magnesium Deficiency and Fibromyalgia

Did you know that simple old mineral magnesium is essential to the functioning of almost every organ in the body? It is important in nerve signals that cause muscles to relax and contract. This is one of my major symptoms - the muscles in my legs always feel tense and I cannot relax them except in warm water. Do you have this problem? 

Researchers are now saying that magnesium deficiency may actually be involved in the development of fibromyalgia!

How simple is it to take one magnesium tablet a day? When magnesium has been deficient for a long time it can cause restless leg syndrome, muscle weakness, muscle spasms an anxiety. I use to get restless leg syndrome and muscle spasms.

What got me interested is that I had a hair sample analysis taken by my homeopathic doctor and of all the hundreds of things they tested (and all my medical conditions) the only deficiency was magnesium.

I am off to take my magnesium supplement right now. 

Oh and just found a really great way of getting magnesium if the thought of taking more tablets is not appealing to you: Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil. It sounds really good as the most concentrated way of getting magnesium through the skin. I am going to order some right now and I will let you know how I go with it. I will continue to take my supplement as well.


This post is linked up at Fibro Friday No. 10. Have a look and join in too.


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Hi Kelsey,

    I would love to send you a copy of a book my mom and I wrote on fibromyalgia. You can contact me at www.naturehaditfirst.com if you would like us to send you a copy.

    Best Wishes,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Things Good11:24 PM

      Great, will do, thanks so much

      Delete
  2. Ηello, I enјoy reading all оf yоur аrtісlе posts.
    I wanted tο write a little comment to support уou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Things Good11:25 PM

      Thanks so much Arron, I do appreciate any support for writing these fibro and chronic illness articles.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much to you Arron for your kindness

      Delete
  3. interesting story here. Have you used magnesium for a long while? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Things Good11:27 PM

      Hi Lyman, no only for about 1 year now - ever since i had the hair sample done. Magnesium does seem to make a difference. When I forget to take it my calf muscles become tight and will not relax even at rest!

      Delete
  4. Excellent article. Keep writing info on your
    site. I am interested in anything that can relieve fibro pain,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Things Good11:28 PM

      Ok, thanks Ruth, let me know what you discover too that helps your fibro, PLEASE.

      Delete
  5. My last post on my blog Broken Muscles was about magnesium. I have a marked improvement after a few weeks. Now I find I've been taking half the dose of 250. Now I am doing 450 and hope to be dancing a jig by Spring lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy, thanks for the info about magnesium. Hope your improvements are going good and that you are dancing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input