Tuesday

Trying Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia

Acupuncture stimulates the body’s ability to resist or overcome illnesses and conditions by correcting imbalances. Acupuncture also prompts the body to produce chemicals that decrease or eliminate painful sensations. Find out here how I am going with my acupuncture treatments for fibromyalgia.

Trying Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia
The ancient art of acupuncture has been used in Asia for centuries to treat many conditions and relieve pain. It's now being used in the United States and other Western countries to ease everything from low back pain, to nerve pain (such as painful shingles rashes), to headaches, fibromyalgia, and menstrual cramps and more. HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL

Well, I've had 5 acupuncture treatments now over 5 weeks.
I don't even feel the needles go in.
They are in my arms. legs and feet.
I enjoy the peaceful lying still even though I cannot move much. (I have to keep really still as I don't even really know where the needles are specifically, just generally)

I feel better in myself after the 4th treatment - a well-being, positive, happy feeling like I know I can get better.

Here are the improvements I've seen in 5 weeks:

My blocked head feeling halved after the first treatment.

I have not had the severe pain in my shoulders or hips for 5 weeks and I was getting it usually once a week.

My aches and pains in legs and arms feel distant - still there, but distant.

I am not taking any medications (not even ibuprofen or Paracetamol).

I am not as tired. That extreme exhaustion has gone.

I no longer feel cold all the time

I have started sweating - I have not perspired for 20 years - so this is a good thing.

My sore throat - usually constant - is sometimes gone.

So all in all, to me. these are amazing improvements from doing acupuncture.

I will definitely be continuing.

           Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia
There are hundreds of acupuncture points (called acu-points) along the body’s 14 major meridians (energy-carrying channels). Sixteenth-century Chinese doctors used the term “Qi” (pronounced “chee”) to describe the energy that flows through meridians. The belief is that illness is caused by a disruption of Qi, which leads to an imbalance of energy. Acupuncture can correct this energy disruption. CLEVELAND CLINIC

You may be also be interested in this article that show findings that acupuncture has a clinically relevant effect on chronic pain.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    These sound quite amazing in 5 weeks - have you continued? What is happening now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes good results. I seem to do acupuncture in sessions and then stop mainly due to the cost. The most recent session has given me improvements in reducing the loudness of my tinnitus. i am just about to start a new session for current and ongoing gallbladder and liver pain and will let you know how it goes. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:10 AM

    I too have had some relief through accupuncture, but as my problem gets exasberated by changes in barometric pressure, and the accupuncture only tends to help for a few days, as soon as a weather change comes about again, its the same old same old and I cannot afford time off work too often or I may well not have a job.
    I am now on 4 DHC tabs per day, and these help dull the aches and pains.....but dont help the foggy brain or tiredness.
    Never the less, I get to accupuncture as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear from someone else who gets relief from acupuncture even though your fibro seems so stronly affected by changes in barometric pressure. I had to look up what DHC was... Dihydrocodeine is an opiate painkiller used to treat moderate to severe pain. Thanks for sharing here.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info!! I have been considering Accupuncture, so this is all good to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Have you started acupuncture? Let us know if it helped reduce your fibromyalgia symptoms.

      Delete

Thanks for your input