Sunday

Finally Facing Fibromyalgia


I am Finally Facing Fibromyalgia
It has been 10 years now and nothing has changed except that I am finally facing the diagnosis of the dreaded Fibromyalgia. It is a chronic pain condition which means that I have had constant pain for over 3 months and in all four quadrants of the body. 

When I say facing it I mean accepting it. This has taken me a long time. 

All my symptoms fit.

These are the main symptoms of Fibromyalgia:

symptoms of Fibromyalgia

I don't have headaches or irritable bowel syndrome or painful menstrual periods but I have all the other symptoms listed plus some.

I cannot ignore it any more. So I am definitely accepting it. 

So I wonder what will be different in my day to day life ??

How will I explain Fibromyalgia to my family and friends?

What will I try to help my symptoms?

What will actually work
to reduce my symptoms?

You can follow along with me here on my blog to discover what works to help Fibro, FMS, Fibromyalgia, FM, the most misunderstood invisible illness (or whatever you want to call it!)

As an update here are just a few of the things I have tried:

4 comments:

  1. Is it just the name of one set of your symptoms or a real diagnosis? i mean does fibromyalgia cover all your symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fibromyalgia (FMS) is a real diagnosis. a diagnosis is made based on two criteria established by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR): a history of widespread pain lasting more than 3 months and the presence of tender points.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Do people still chat on this site? I would like to tell my hellish life living with fibro if they want to hear it! Let me know someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you can chat here about Fibromyalgia on this site or also on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Fibro-Blogger-Directory-132105983532118/?ref=hl

      Delete

Thanks for your input